1 Pound white-bread flour, or whole-wheat flour, or part whole-wheat 1 cup and 2 tablespoons lukewarm water 1 cake compressed yeast 1½ teaspoons salt 1/3 cup sugar 3 tablespoons cooking oil 3 ounces or about ¾ cup rough-chopped walnuts
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C
2. Check the walnuts, remove any debris and wash them thoroughly.
3. Put the lukewarm water in a dish, crumble the yeast cake into it, and stir until the yeast is entirely dissolved.
4. Mix the walnuts with the liquids, then stir in the sugar, salt, and oil.
5. Turn this mixture into the flour and stir it to a dough with a spoon.
6. Place the dough on a floured board, and knead it until it is smooth.
7. Spoon onto a baking tray, cover and leave to rise.
8. Bake until browned.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.