2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 eggs ½ lemon, peel only, grated ½ cup raisins ½ cup creamed butter ½ cup milk
1. Pre heat the oven to 175°C
2. Mix together the flour and sugar.
3. Add the butter and eggs.
4. Beat vigorously for 3 minutes until well mixed.
5. Add, little by little, the milk and continue to beat.
6. Add the raisins and lemon peel.
7. Bake in greased cake mould for 30 to 35 minutes.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.