3 cups of flour 2 tsp. salt 2 tsp. soda 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. cloves 1 tsp. ginger 1 egg 3/4 c. shortening, melted 1 cup of molasses 1/2 cup of sugar 1 cup of boiling water
1. Pre heat the oven to 175°C
2. Sift flour, salt, soda and spices together.
3. Add the egg, shortening, molasses and sugar.
4. Mix thoroughly whilst slowly adding the boiling water.
5. Spoon the mixture into greased bun tins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.