2. Combine the stout, egg, sugar, honey, melted butter, raisins/currants and mixed peel in a large bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, making sure that the flour is added gradually and beaten into the mixture.
4. Mix well with a wooden spoon. The consistency will be soft and sticky.
5. Pour / spoon the mix into a greased or floured loaf tin.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
6. Mix the dark brown sugar and honey to form a glaze, and spread over the top of the cooked buns.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.