2. Combine the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl.
3. Cream the ingredients.
4. Add the flour and baking powder into the bowl, along with the raisins.
5. Mix the ingredients to form a dough.
6. Roll the dough out on a floured flat surface.
7. Using an upturned glass, or a large cookie cutter, cut out buns and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.