4 oz. (100g) butter or margarine 5 oz. (125g) sugar 10 oz. (250g) plain flour 1 egg 3 tbsp. Milk pinch of salt 2 oz.(50g) glace cherries 2 rounded tsps. baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F, Gas Mark 4, 180°C
2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add the beaten egg and the milk.
4. Mix in the sifted flour, baking powder, chopped cherries and salt.
5. Put the mixture into small cake cases, placing a cherry on top of each bun
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.