12 oz. Flour 4 oz. Ground rice 2 tsp Baking powder 4 oz. Butter 3 oz. Sugar 1 oz. Caraway seeds 2 Eggs - beaten Milk
1. Pre heat the oven to 205°C
2. Mix the flour, ground rice and baking powder together.
3. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir into it the sugar and caraway seeds.
4. Stir in the eggs, and sufficient milk to make a smooth firm paste.
5. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1 inch in thickness.
6. Cut into 2 inch rounds and place on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.