8 oz. desiccated coconut 4 oz. castor sugar 3 egg whites 1.5 oz. flour
1. Pre heat oven to about 150 °
2. Mix the dry ingredients, the flour, sugar and coconut, together.
3. Whip the egg whites until they are stif and white.
4. Mix the egg whites into the dry mix until it becomes crumbly.
5. Split the mix in half, and add pink colouring to one half and leave the other half as its natural colour.
6. Pile the mixture into small pyramids on a greased tray. Don't make huge piles as they will sink and flow outwards as they cook.
7. Cook slowly until the mix sets.
8. Place on a wire colling tray to cool.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.