4 oz. butter 4 oz. sugar 4.5 oz. flour 2 eggs 0.5 teaspoon baking powder Grated rind of one orange
1. Pre heat oven to 180°C
2. Beat the sugar and butter to a cream.
3. Add the grated orange rind.
4. Beat the eggs well, then add them gently to the mix.
5. Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture.
6. Put the mixture into small round bun tins.
7. Cook for about 12 minutes
8. To finish, add orange icing and decorate with crystallised orange slices.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.