8 oz. butter 8 oz. grated chocolate 6 oz. castor sugar 4 oz. flour 2 oz. ground rice 4 eggs A pinch of baking powder
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 - 200° C
2. Cream the butter and sugar together to form an even paste.
3. Separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
4. Beat the egg yolks well to form an evenly coloured mixture.
5. Add the grated chocolate, well beaten yolks, flour, ground rice and baking powder to the butter and sugar.
6. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and white.
7. Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture. Don't beat them in, just fold the mix so they are blended slowly.
8. Put the bun mixture into small round bun tins and bake for about 12 minutes.
9. After cooking, place the buns on a wire cooling tray to cool before you eat them.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.