6 oz. flour 2 oz. castor sugar 1 egg 1.5 oz. butter 2 oz. desiccated coconut Quarter teaspoon baking powder
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
2. Rub the butter into the flour and baking powder to create a crumbly dough.
3. Add the sugar and then the coconut to the other ingredients
4. Beat the egg and add it gradually to the dry ingredients.
5. Use a spoon to place rough balls of the bun mixture onto a greased or non-stick baking tray. Line old trays with baking parchment or a silicon sheet.
6. Bake in the oven at 180 C for about 10 minutes.
7. The buns should be transferred to a wire cooling rack and allowed to cool before eating them.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.