500 g flour 100 g sugar 1 teaspoon cardamom 100 g vegetable fat 3 dl soy milk 60 g yeast 40 g raisins Sugar water
1. In a pot, melt the fat, and then add milk and yeast (if dry yeast, mix together with dry ingredients). The temperature of the milk and fat should not be over 40°C
2. In a large bowl, blend all the dry ingredients and add the milk and fat mixture and raisins.
3. Knead dough for about 5 minutes.
4. Place in a warm place, cover with a tea-towel and let the dough rise for about 20 min.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for couple minutes.
6. Cut the dough into about 20 pieces, and roll them until they're nice and round. Put them on a cooking tray and cover them with a tea towel.
7. Preheat oven to 430°F (220°C).
8. Leave the buns to rise for about 10 min in a warm draught free place.
9. Brush the buns with sugar water, and cook in the middle of the oven for 10-15 min.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.